I want to end my business due to heavy loss, how can I cancel my GST Registration?
If you wish to cancel your GST (Goods and Services Tax) registration in India, you can follow a specific process outlined by the GST authorities. Here are the general steps for cancelling GST registration:
- Login to the GST Portal:
- Visit the official GST portal at https://www.gst.gov.in/.
- Log in to your GST account using your credentials (username and password).
- Navigate to Services:
- After logging in, go to the “Services” tab.
- Select ‘Application for Cancellation of Registration’:
- Under the “Services” menu, select “Application for Cancellation of Registration.”
- Fill the Application Form:
- Complete the application form with the required details.
- Provide the reasons for cancellation.
- Submit the Form:
- Once the form is filled, submit it through the portal.
- The tax authorities will review your application. They may seek additional information or documents for verification.
- Finalization of Cancellation:
- After verification, if the authorities are satisfied, they will issue an order for the cancellation of registration.
- Cancellation Certificate:
- You will receive a cancellation certificate once the cancellation process is complete.
- Clear Outstanding Dues:
- Ensure that all outstanding dues, including tax liabilities and penalties, are cleared before applying for cancellation.
- Return Filing:
- File any pending GST returns before initiating the cancellation process.
- Communication with Authorities:
- If there are specific reasons for cancellation, it’s advisable to communicate the same to the GST authorities through the appropriate channels.
- Cancellation Order:
- The tax authorities will issue an order for the cancellation of registration. It’s important to keep a copy of this order for future reference.