Cancellation of GST Registration

I want to end my business due to heavy loss, how can I cancel my GST Registration?

If you wish to cancel your GST (Goods and Services Tax) registration in India, you can follow a specific process outlined by the GST authorities. Here are the general steps for cancelling GST registration:

Steps for Cancellation of GST Registration:

1. Login to the GST Portal:
  • Visit the official GST portal at https://www.gst.gov.in/.
  1. Navigate to Services:
  • After logging in, go to the ā€œServicesā€ tab.
  1. Select ā€˜Application for Cancellation of Registrationā€™:
  • Under the ā€œServicesā€ menu, select ā€œApplication for Cancellation of Registration.ā€
  1. Fill the Application Form:
  • Complete the application form with the required details.
  • Provide the reasons for cancellation.
  1. Submit the Form:
  • Once the form is filled, submit it through the portal.
  1. Verification:
  • The tax authorities will review your application. They may seek additional information or documents for verification.
  1. Finalization of Cancellation:
  • After verification, if the authorities are satisfied, they will issue an order for the cancellation of registration.
  1. Cancellation Certificate:
  • You will receive a cancellation certificate once the cancellation process is complete.

Points to Note:

• Clear Outstanding Dues:
    • Ensure that all outstanding dues, including tax liabilities and penalties, are cleared before applying for cancellation.
  • Return Filing:
    • File any pending GST returns before initiating the cancellation process.
  • Communication with Authorities:
    • If there are specific reasons for cancellation, itā€™s advisable to communicate the same to the GST authorities through the appropriate channels.
  • Cancellation Order:
    • The tax authorities will issue an order for the cancellation of registration. Itā€™s important to keep a copy of this order for future reference.
1 Like