GST Return related question

How often do I need to file GST returns? and How can I file my GST returns online?

The filing frequency for Goods and Services Tax (GST) returns in India depends on the type of taxpayer and the turnover.

1. Monthly Filing:
  • Regular taxpayers with an annual turnover exceeding a specified threshold are typically required to file monthly GST returns.
  1. Quarterly Filing:
  • Composition scheme taxpayers and small taxpayers with a turnover below a specified limit may file returns on a quarterly basis.
  1. Annual Filing:
  • In addition to regular or quarterly filings, taxpayers are generally required to file an annual return.

To file GST returns online in India, you can follow these general steps:

1. GST Portal Registration:
  1. Login to GST Portal:
  1. Access the Returns Dashboard:
  • On the portal, navigate to the “Services” tab, then select “Returns” and click on “Returns Dashboard.”
  1. Select the Relevant Return:
  • Choose the type of GST return you need to file based on your taxpayer category and filing frequency.
  1. Complete the Return Form:
  • Fill in the required details in the online return form. You may need to provide information such as sales, purchases, input tax credit, and other relevant details.
  1. Save and Verify Data:
  • Save the entered data and verify it for accuracy.
  1. Submit the Return:
  • After verifying the information, submit the return on the GST portal.
  1. Payment of Taxes:
  • If there is any tax liability, make the payment online through the portal. You may need to generate a challan for payment.
  1. Acknowledgment:
  • After successful submission and payment, you will receive an acknowledgment in the form of an acknowledgment number.